Empower your employees to save for their retirement by offering a retirement plan. We can help you design a qualified retirement plan that fits your business needs.
We offer a variety of administrative support services, partnering and consulting for retirement plans.
RETIREMENT PLANNING SERVICES MENU
- Feasibility Studies – what type of plan will work best for you and your organization
- Plan Installation – implementing your new retirement plan and educating your employees about their new benefits
- Annual Administration – annual reporting to the Plan Trustees and Plan Participants plus government forms
RETIREMENT PLAN ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES MENU
- QDRO review
- Participant loans
- Termination distribution
- New plan participant meetings
- Compliance testing
- Forfeiture allocations
- Trust accounting
- Plan amendments
- Annual notes
PARTNERING AND CONSULTING
We have a wealth of experience and can assist you:
- As your investment advisor
- Platform investment companies
- Your in-house office manager, HR manager, bookkeeper
CHOOSING A RETIREMENT PLAN
- Profit sharing plan – employer discretionary contribution
- 401(k) plan – employee deferral contributions
- Profit sharing 401 (k) plan (Offers both Company contributions and the option for Employees to contribute on a tax-deferred basis)
Other Features We Consider:
- Safe Harbor Match
- Safe Harbor Employer Non-Elective Contribution
- Roth Deferrals
RETIREMENT PLAN SPECIALISTS
STEVE FLERCHINGER, CPA
Steve Flerchinger has been with Magnuson, McHugh & Company since 1980 after graduating from Saint Martin’s College in 1976. His primary charge has been in the audit department but he also has a wide range of client responsibility including corporate taxation, financial statement presentation and employee benefits.
Steve has served as President of the Post Falls Chamber of Commerce and President of Kootenai County United Way. He is an active member of the Rotary Club of Post Falls, and serves at his church in many capacities. Steve enjoys fly fishing, coaching Fastpitch Softball and spending time with his wife and children.
MICHELLE SCHINI HANELINE, CPA
Michelle is a third generation Coeur d’Alene resident and proudly serves as President of Magnuson, McHugh & Company. She graduated from the University of Arizona in 1990, and joined Magnuson, McHugh & Company in 1995. Her current areas of focus include individual and business taxation as well as developing a practice in medical, dental consulting and business valuations. Michelle also has nearly 20 years’ experience in governmental accounting and auditing.
She currently serves as Treasurer of the North Idaho College Foundation. In her free time, she enjoys golfing, snow skiing, traveling and spending time with her husband and children.
Manager, Retirement Plan Services
Mary became part of the Magnuson McHugh family in December of 2016. She’s a proud graduate of Gonzaga University with a Business Degree in Accounting. Prior to coming to MM&CO, she was a Retirement Plan Administrator for 26 years with Powers Stromberg Pension Consulting, Inc. in Spokane.
She has achieved the designation of Accredited Pension Administrator (APA) and is a member of the Gonzaga Prep Finance Committee.